We perform several types of specialized injections depending upon your specific diagnosis. However, it is not uncommon for us to utilize one of the several injections listed below:
- Trigger point injections– with or without anesthetic and/or corticosteroid
- Drainage and/or Injections of Joints– inflamed or degenerative joints or bursal sacs
- Musculoskeletal Injections-Tendonitis, enthesitis and bursitis
- Viscosupplementation- example: Synvisc
- Peripheral nerve blocks– example: Carpal Tunnel Syndrome or Lateral femoral cutaneous Neuropathy/“Meralgia Paraesthetica”
- Botulinum Toxin/ ‘Bo-Tox’ blocks – example: chronic spasticity or muscle spasms
Our doctors work very closely with interventional physicians when a variety of specialized spinal injections and/or nerve root or facet joint blocks are indicated. We do not provide this service within our office at this time, but most interventional physicians are not trained or comfortable managing the vast array of chronic conditions that we commonly treat to include coordinating multi-disciplinary, multi-dimensional and multi-modal rehabilitation therapy which often involves a combination of medications, therapy, blocks and comprehensive specialist services.